1. Use daily charts.
2. There are two ways to range trade in the medium term: position for upcoming range trading opportunities or get involved in existing ranges: Upcoming range opportunities: Look for high-volatility environments, where short-term implied volatilities are significantly higher than longer-term volatilities; seek reversion back to the mean environments. Existing ranges: Use Bollinger bands to identify existing ranges.
3. Look for reversals in oscillators such as RSI and stochastics.
4. Make sure ADX is below 25 and ideally falling.
5. Look for medium-term risk reversals near choice.
6. Confirm with price action—failure at key range resistances and bounces on key range supports (using traditional technical indicators).
Was this article helpful?
Insider Techniques To Profitable Forex Trading. In any business or moneymaking venture, preparation and foreknowledge are the keys to success. Without this sort of insight, the attempt to make a profitable financial decision can only end in disaster and failure, regardless of your level of motivation and determination or the amount of money you plan to invest