You should be able to locate the owner of a vacant property by looking up the street address on your county's real property tax roll. The tax roll will have the name of the owner of record along with the post office mailing address where the property tax bill is sent. However, sometimes the address listed on the tax roll is incorrect. When this happens, go to the following sources in the county and state of the property owner's last known address, and check the:
1. County voter registration records.
2. City and county public library patron records.
3. City and county business license records.
4. City and county jail inmate records.
5. State fishing and hunting license records.
6. State professional license records.
7. State department of motor vehicles.
8. State bar association membership records.
9. State vital statistics records.
10. State prison inmate records.
11. Federal prison inmate records.
12. Social Security Administration's Death Index.
Was this article helpful?
The dynamics of investing can be very emotional and stressful if not properly managed. When you are aware of what is all involved you give yourself the power to avoid those situations or at least manage them effectively. That will make your investments more exciting, rewarding, and enjoyable. Those positive factors will only lead to greater success in all that achieve with investments and life.